Professional development is a necessary component to a creating a school that is offering quality childcare. The more your teachers learn, the more confident they become.
Understanding that the amount of money you spend on training can become very expensive, especially when your staff may be continuously changing.
With this in mind we have created our Concierge Memberships. The advantages of having a membership with us will allow you to sign your school up for training.
How does it work?
Simply select the membership package that works for your school, then submit us with a list of your staff and they are able to sign into our Online Classes or participate in our Zoom classes. If there is a staff change you simply notify us to remove or add the name from your school list.
These memberships will definitely cut down on your training expenses.
Documentation of at least 24 clock hours of Pre-service training-service training for caregivers with less than 2 years of experience
Required Orientation Training
Caregiver provides care for children younger than 24 months of age, one hour of that caregiver’s training must cover the following topics:
(1) Recognizing and preventing shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma;
(2) Understanding and using safe sleep practices and preventing sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS);
(3) Understanding early childhood brain development.
(4) Emergency preparedness;
(5) Preventing and controlling the spread of communicable diseases, including immunizations
(6) Administering medication,
(7) Preventing and responding to emergencies due to food or an allergic reaction
(8) Understanding building and physical premises safety, including identification and protection from hazards that can cause bodily injury such as electrical hazards, bodies of water, and vehicular traffic
(9) Handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials
Each caregiver and the child-care center director must have a current certificate of training with an expiration or renewal date in pediatric first aid with rescue breathing and choking.
24 clock hours of annual training within 12 months of employment
30 clock hours of annual training
Five or fewer years of experience as a designated director of a child-care center must complete at least six clock hours of the annual training hours in management techniques, leadership, or staff supervision; or Low
More than five years of experience as a designated director of a child-care center must complete at least three clock hours of the annual training hours in management techniques, leadership, or staff supervisio
*Each caregiver and director must obtain their annual training within 12 months from the date of their employment and during each subsequent 12-month period unless otherwise specified in this division. If they obtain more than the minimum number of annual training clock hours required, they may not carry the additional clock hours over to the next year.